Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Noob needs help

<<

zeppelinfreak421

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Noob needs help

I would like to get some form of homebrew mainly to emulate my playstation games and other old games. I am a complete noob to homebrew and want to know if anyone can help me out. I have tried to get it before, following some FAQs, but something didn't work out and it didn't work.

I am not sure if I can even get homebrew, because I am running on Sony firmware version 3.83, since I bought Crisis Core. Is it possible to use any type of homebrew program on such a recent version? If possible, can someone please guide me and show me what to do?

Any help would be appreciated. Still take in mind I might not have any idea what I am talking about.
<<

civilchaos

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Sorry dude, the only way to get custom firmware is to upgrade from the very first firmware which is the only firmware to give kernal access, that being 1.50, and with a high firmware such as yours, you will require a pandora battery, which is not down my avenue, since I never went beyond 2.80 which had a downgrader.

Don't worry though, I'm sure by tomorrow you'll have had many replies from the guys here that know the pandora battery stuff, though, it would save time if you just checked out other threads, there have been countless people asking the same question as yourself, and it would probably please some people if you just browsed some of them first, check out the "firmware hack and exploits" threads and even in these "help" threads. You can get Pandora batteries from eBay etc..
<<

amaric

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:12 pm

ok no offense civil chaos but that wasnt really an answer aye...why bother...sorry dont mean any offence

but zepp here is a link to make a magic ms and pandora battery with only one psp http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11076

if you can get access to another psp with custim furmware already on it you can get them to make you a pandora battery and magic ms

that or you could always buy a datel tool battery(a premade pandora battery)
zomgardninjasayrawr
<<

zeppelinfreak421

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Hate to bring this back up, but I originally said no to the whole Pandoras battery thing. I thought it was too much trouble and that if I were to buy a pre-made Pandora kit, that I didn't want to really pay money for it. I read on it some more though and I saw something that looked quite convenient and I want to know if its true. I read that using the "Pandora Easy GUI" program, that you could actually restore the memory stick and battery back for normal usage, after you have downgraded/installed custom firmware.

Is it possible I could use my original battery and memory stick to do the Pandora trick, then convert them back and use them normally again? If so, then that definitely seems easy and convenient. If possible at all and if any of you can guarantee I won't F@%K something up permanently, then I will do it. If I proceed and do this also, I also hope that you guys can walk me through getting a custom firmware installed.

Return to PSP Help