que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Sat May 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Phat psp will not Pandora

Got a phat that won't Pandora.

With magic stick installed in the phat the battery does not turn on the psp. Green light comes on and then goes off, blank screen.

The same stick and battery do work in a slim. I have no other phats to test this on.

phat has CFW3.71 installled now need to go to OFW 5+.(don't ask)

Running OFW update results in "memory card can't be read".

**UPDATE**
Battery and memory card work on another phat so it seems this phat is DOA for Pandora. Thanks for reading.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

Equ1ox

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun May 03, 2009 5:17 pm

i would say that it wont work because you may not have the 1.50 kernal installed? i ran into this problem recently.
The original Equ1ox since 1997.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 am

I am not exactly sure 100% why it won't work but I noticed Nand keys were corrupted and there were no backups.

Someone had tried to put time machine on it for some reason to play some guitar hero clone and I suspect this is when things started to go bad. Whoever made the initial modifications clearly didn't know what they were doing.

My goal was to get it back to Official firmware but it wouldn't accept any updates, now the thing is toast.

I have an Undeluded Platinum mod chip that I could put on it but I don't know if it would work to restore functionality.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony

Return to PSP Help