Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

how do i boot my xp from this harddrive?

<<

scochivonricter

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:00 pm

how do i boot my xp from this harddrive?

ok i bought a windows xp upgrade and accidentally formated my computer harddrive so the installer would say "cannot find previous version of windows" so i put my hard drive into another computer and then succesfully installed it but now i need to get it back into my other one, the windowxp files are all on it but when i boot it up it sais "invalid disk Replace the disk and press any key" so now the only way i can boot up the windows on this harddrive is to have the hd from the second computer with the first. and also when i try to run the winxp instalation on my first hd it still sais "cannot find previous version" is there something i have to configure to get it so it can run without the second hd?
BWAAKAAA
<<

mrhb111

Brewer
Brewer

Location: Oshawa,Ontario, Canada Hometown: Newbrunswick, Canada

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:33 am

you bought a upgrade, you need the actual OS
PSP Firmware: 3.40 OE-A
Wii Firmware: 2.1E

-Austen
=I'm here to help=

GET XBOXBREW ALIVE AGAIN
<<

D3vk1t

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 am

yea first back-up all your files find the original windos os you were using install it and then upgrade
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm

~moved to help~
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

scochivonricter

Young Brewer

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:14 pm

i found out one mistake i did i only made an update on the the first hd now iv put the second hd back in and booted off the second then used the windows cd and this time i created a new instalation instead of the upgrade so now i have all the files but it sais "missing NTLDR press ctrl,alt,delete to restart" so im guessing im a little closer to getting it to work but can it still be fixed without buying the full version?
BWAAKAAA

Return to PSP Help