help with upgrade from custom

<<

docnoc

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:33 pm

help with upgrade from custom

My psp analog stick broke and needs to go back for exchange, I want to remove custom 3.40 oe and put on 3.5 reg firmware but when I try to install the new firmware it says game could not be loaded.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:57 pm

I read somewhere that after doing a upgrade to a custom firmware you delete some kind of code that is checked by the sony updater when you try to upgrade. Its only with certain motherboards though.Tell me if im wrong pacman or staxx.......

if you want to upgrade to an official one before you upgrade, upgrade to like 3.03 offical sony. It should work. It doesnt check for the keys. If it doesnt work either upgrade to a 2.x firmware. Once again if that doesnt work then make sure your kernal is 1.50 under recovery mode........If none of this works PM me and i'll help more. pspbrew downloads has all the downloads you'll need and so does psp-hacks
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Just repair the analog stick your self, Ill try to find a tutorial anyways if you do send it away just leave it on custom firmware they will either send it back to you and s**t on you or they will just fix it and put 3.52 or w/e on ur psp and then u are screwed so just fix it yourself.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 pm

bkfraiders7 wrote:I read somewhere that after doing a upgrade to a custom firmware you delete some kind of code that is checked by the sony updater when you try to upgrade. Its only with certain motherboards though.Tell me if im wrong pacman or staxx.......

That is correct, basically if you have a TA-082 motherboard (and higher i believe) then you wont be able to update past 3.30 because of a patch that sony put in the firmware preventing homebrewers from regaining sony firmware 3.30 or later. So you can always just upgrade to 2.81 or 3.03 if you like before you send it in.

If you are going to send it in, i would suggest making a copy of pandoras battery and memory stick before hand just so you can get back to custom firmware, as sony will most definately flash the latest 3.52 firmware on your system.

Anyways, about this analog stick...what do you mean when you say its broken? Did the nub pop off? Is it not reacting at all? Is it reacting strangely such as moving on its own?
The analog stick is the easiest fix you could do on the psp as the parts are attached directly to the faceplate, so i would suggest just fixing it yourself rather than sending it in...I can go in depth for you if you need help repairing anything on your psp, or i could provide you with a very high quality tutorial.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:09 pm

I would use the psp version changer to make them think it's on 3.50, when it's really on 3.XX OE firmware. it doesn't actually change the firmware, but it makes it look like it in system settings.
<<

docnoc

Young Brewer

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:50 pm

analog

for some reason on Madden and NCAA when you do the kicks that you have to pull back then forward on the stick the game does not recognize the pushing forward. But the sitck directions work 100% fine in every other game.
<<

docnoc

Young Brewer

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:52 pm

I also...

I have a no questions exchange warentee from ebgames I just didnt want to trade for the new one with a custom on it.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:56 pm

well is the game a umd? not a ISO or a CSO? some times the umd is messed up too becuse os too many scratches. like my starwars battlefront II it has more scratches than the number of times i have been on a computor. and it lags and does random things. but only for that game.
<<

docnoc

Young Brewer

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:06 pm

hmm

They are .iso, we put them memory card in my brothers psp and there is no stick problem. So it must be the psp.

Return to PSP Help