Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Need Help Choosing a PSP

<<

promptcurry

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Need Help Choosing a PSP

I'm looking to get my first PSP, and I want to be able to install a CFW and run homebrew apps, but I don't know which version to get.

I've heard the 3000 isn't really "homebrew-able" yet, and that the 2000 has a few issues. The 1000 is of course, the best one for the job. I'm new to PSP homebrew and the like, so i am not 100% sure as to which one to get. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. (I'll probably pick one up used from gamestop...)

Two other questions. Which CFW (M33 or HEN) should i Install? I know M33 was the first, but I've also seen a bit about HEN.

Also, I was thinking of picking one of these up: Pandora Battery and 4gb, I just wanted to see what everyone thought of it.

Thanks.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:42 pm

well 1000 models are the easiest to mod by far. m33 is simpler. if your newer to the scene i suggest finding a phat model 1000 and using pandora to mod it into m33 cfw.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:44 pm

I am selling a PSP 2000 (slim) on eBay. If you have access then you could place a bit on it. I'll install CFW on it for you :D.

link

It is a little scratched up though, in case you want a new one.
Oh and M33 > All.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew